These are the pages that instruct you on the ' Challenges '
When you have completed the 5 Challenges you will have:
- laid out an operational road
- developed GPS skills
- assessed forest covertypes based on ecosystem transitions
- prepared a Permanent Growth Plot in the area
- learned the skill of being accurate, complete and neat when collecting forest data
- able to present to other students your findings
- summarize forest data with spreadsheet software
- able to use basic surveying equipment
- perform a pre-harvest forest assessment, cut inspection and free to grow assessment
- complete a forest management plan (MFTIP) for a woodlot
- complete stand / stock table
- prepare forest analysis using a geographical information system (GIS)
- analyze large tracts of forest using the Ontario Landscape Tool
You're going to be busy, but it's all real forestry; applicable anywhere in Canada / world!